Cooroy Community Permaculture Gardens Shelter Fund
We Urgently Need More Volunteers to help raise funds for our new shelter.
This fundraising effort is for a short period of time—it will only run until Christmas.
We have applied for funding of up to $30,000 from Noosa Council for our project. However, under the conditions of the grant, Permaculture Noosa needs to raise an additional $30,000 as our contribution to the project, which is a huge undertaking.
The new building will benefit Permaculture Noosa members and the Community by enabling us to hold educational workshops, present guest speakers and demonstrations, and run Club Days and other social events.
At the moment only a very small percentage of Permaculture Noosa members are contributing their time to help us raise our $30,000.
For the next 3 to 4 months we need a lot of help. Can you please spare 4 or 5 hours just once or twice? If every member could contribute something we’d achieve our goal by the end of the year.
Please consider assisting your Permaculture Noosa.
There are a number of ways you can help…
- Propagate plants for sale at our Club Days (held on the third Sunday of every month) and at the Pomona Markets (twice monthly).
If 100 people propagate 10 plants that’s 1,000 plants for sale @ $3.00 each.
Plants can be nurtured at your place or brought into the propagation shed at the Community Gardens.
If you need help getting started, please see Sue or Sandra on a Sunday morning at CCPG.
- Buy some raffle tickets or sell a couple of books for our Major Raffle.
First Prize is $1000 cash and there are 4 other fantastic prizes.
Tickets are only $5 each, and if we sell them all we’ll raise over $10,000 towards building our shelter
- Consider volunteering some time. We have been lucky enough to secure the Sausage Sizzle at the Pomona Markets on the first and third Saturday of every month from now until Christmas. We need volunteers to help with cooking, taking orders and selling raffle tickets at our stand – a total of 5 people each time.
Build your own team (you will be given all the help you need on how to run it) or come and help others.
- We’d also love help at our Club Days (third Sunday of every month) at Cooroy Community Permaculture Gardens. The money we raise at all our stalls goes towards the shelter building fund, and we need people to help set up the stalls and assist with running them.
- Helping to build the Shelter – if you hold a construction white card and are willing to help with some labouring for the contractor, building the cob walls, paving, etc, it would go a long way towards helping us achieve our goal. Or you may be qualified in a particular trade and would like to donate some of your time and skill – let us know how you can help.
To offer your help please email us at email@example.com.
Project Director, CCPG Shelter Project
0410 521 301