• 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
• 2 tbs tomato paste
• 2 tsp herbs (i.e parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, marjoram)
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 small sweet potato, cubed
• Y2 broccoli, in small florets
• Y2 capsicum, chopped fine
• 1 small zucchini, in half circles
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 egg
• 1 cup wheatgerm
• A dash of milk
Mix peanut butter with tomato paste and herbs.
Saute onions in butter.
Chop vegetables very finely and add to onions, cook until soft. When cooked, mix
this into the peanut butter mixture.
Add cooked rice, then beat in the egg. (If the mixture needs stiffening, add wheatgerm).
Form into patties. Dip in egg/milk then wheatgerm to coat.
Fry in lots of butter, gently pressing down each pattie when you first put it in the pan.
Reprinted with kind permission from ‘You can have your Permaculture and Eat It Too’
by Robin Clayfield www.dynamicgroups.com.au