One of our Committee Members, Sandra Guy made this wonderful pie for our Committee Meeting the other night and I had to share the recipe with you all.
Key Lime Pie – From Choosing Raw by Gena Hamshaw
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large Hass avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- To make the crust, add the cashews, coconut, pitted dates, and sea salt to your food processor, fitted with the “S” blade. Process until the ingredients are mixed and broken down well, and they stick together when you collect a small handful and squeeze.
- Press the crust ingredients evenly into the bottom of an oiled, 9-inch springform pan.
- Blend the filling ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor until silky.
- Chill the pie in the freezer for an hour, then transfer it to the fridge and let set for another 3 hrs, or overnight. Cut into slices and serve.
If you leave in the freezer, defrost in the fridge for several hours before serving. ENJOY!!!!!