This recipe was kindly provided by Robyn Harrison
Multiply this recipe for a larger number of jars!!!
- 1 c chopped fresh turmeric
- 1 c chopped fresh ginger (1 cup chopped ginger = 125 g)
- ½ c lime juice
- 1-2 fresh green or red chilies, sliced (adjust amount to taste)
- ½ t natural sea salt, adjust to taste
- 1 T fenugreek seeds (I used sesame and fennel mix)
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 t mustard seeds
- 1 T coconut sugar
- ½ orange, juice only
- 2 t apple cider vinegar, to taste
- ¼ c toasted sesame oil, to seal jars
- Roast Fenugreek and mustard seeds in a skillet until they develop an aromatic smell. (I know, this is leaving the realm of raw foods – for a most fragrant reward :-)) Cool and powder in spice grinder or blender.
- In a large bowl mix everything together by hand.
- Fill into sterilized jars and cover with oil.
- Let sit for a week to blend flavours well.
- Will keep refrigerated for several months.
Note: An alternative process is to blend everything into a paste
for triple recipe (makes 3.5 raguletto jars)
I used 1 cup lime juice plus 1/2 cup Braggs apple cider vinegar
zest of 4 limes
24 small garlic cloves
2 tsp mustard powder
Peeling the ginger and turmeric makes a nicer tasting paste.