(All ingredients can easily be home grown in our climate)
- 1 Home grown green papaya (rock hard is perfect!)
- 1 Home grown Cucumber
- 1 large carrot
- 8 Home grown Bell chillies (Use scissors to trim only the ‘wings’ from the bell chillies to ensure no chilli flavour, or use one red capsicum)
- 10 Home grown cherry tomatoes or equivalent in ripe tomatoes
- (Optional – A sprinkle of home grown chilli powder if you like it)
*Feel free to adjust the above ingredients to your taste.
- 1/2 Juicy Lemon squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon runny honey
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Cloves garlic (put through garlic press)
- Mix sauce ingredients together with a spoon until smooth.
*Feel free to adjust the sauce ingredients to taste.
Preparing Dee’s Green Papaya Salad
- Cut Green Papaya into quarters, use a spoon to scrape out the pips, use a potato peeler to peel the external green skin. Then wash peeled papaya quarters under a running tap and dry.
- Use fine cut option on a Mandoline Slicer, or grater, or use electric food processor to chop the green papaya.
- Use the same slicer sized cut to chop up the carrots, cucumber and capsicum.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters or large tomatoes into smaller chunks.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Prior to serving, pour the smooth stirred sauce on top of salad and toss.Serve to your family and friends as a main meal or as a side salad -YUMMO!!!
*There’s NOTHING more fun than growing your own ‘Green Papaya Salad’ ingredients!
*For traditional Thai Green Papaya Salad, Google a recipe.
*Any questions, call Dee Humphreys on 0497754486
* A recording of the demonstration is on our website if you’d prefer to watch how to make ‘Dee’s Green Papaya Salad. Just click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF-0qPO9xsk&feature=youtu.be