- To grow crops from seed that are open pollinated instead of hybrids. These plants will be able to adapt to changing climatic conditions and can be reproduced true to type over many generations.
- To maintain a supply of permaculture crops for members of Permaculture Noosa.
- To encourage people in this area to grow their own food.
- To encourage people to try saving their own seed and educate them on how to do this correctly.
- By packaging and selling seeds we make a range of seeds available at low cost to members of Permaculture Noosa, and at times also to members of the wider community.
- By packaging and selling seeds we provide Permaculture Noosa with a source of income.
- Seed saver meetings provide an opportunity for learning about how to save seeds.
- Seed saver meetings provide an opportunity to mix with like-minded people and exchange information on growing crops.