Permaculture Noosa Membership – Why it’s important
Membership Fees for Permaculture Noosa are due on the 1st August. If you are a current member, we would love to continue or relationship with you. If you have not yet joined Permaculture Noosa, we encourage you strongly to join.
There are many reasons for being a member of Permaculture Noosa. You can:
- Help to promote the principles of permaculture to the wider community, and therefore: help save the earth (as we know it) from destruction – Permaculture is a system which (if its principles are adhered to) we firmly believe can reverse the environmental damage caused by mindless exploitation of the earth’s natural resources.
- Enjoy the presentations of our talented and knowledgable guest speakers and members at our monthly meetings. Topics embrace a wide range of subjects, from Community Living, Sustainable Agriculture, Permaculture Techniques, Raising Poultry, Beekeeping, Gardening Tips and many, many other interesting subjects.
- Enjoy the community and fellowship of like minded people.
- Reap the rewards of participating in a worthwhile community organisation. This is particularly true if you are able to become involved in the Permaculture Noosa Committee or other support roles.
- Membership entitles you to emailed newsletters, access to our seed network and reference library, and discounted fees for some courses.
- Other benefits of being a member include:
- Access to member’s contacts and skills list
- Opportunity to have a permablitz at your property
- Opportunity to choose a role on the committee
- Able to vote and be part of the decision-making
- Free entry to monthly meetings
- Market place stall
- Discounted prices on merchandise
- Special prices offered by fellow members, to attend workshops that they advertise in the Permanews
Payment of the modest membership fees helps us to keep up the good work by : paying for the hire of the meeting hall and site fees at the various events where we promote permaculture. It pays for insurance, maintenance and replacement of equipment, enhancement our library etc. etc.